Romantic Goths are pretty different from other types of Goth, like Cyber or Traditional.
These Goths focus on the beautiful, dark things in life, Things like dead roses, graveyards lit by the moonlight, ravens, all might be beautiful to this type. Typically, they're deep-thinkers, very creative and have a tendency to daydream, They're a passionate people that usually love the drama of romance and sorrow. Along with those darker, slightly more morbid aesthetics, the Romantic Goths prefer softer music than others might. Classical music, bands like Dark Sanctuary and Nightwish may appeal to them. The brooding mood is what's more likely to draw them in.
Romantic Goths will dress differently than others, by way of lacy dresses, suits, or flowing garb. (I personally really love the dress in the picture to the right.) Lace chokers, black jewelry or any jewelry with deep colored stones are also common. The Romantic Goth doesn't wear only black; they may wear colors of dark blue, green, purple, and deep red, but that doesn't mean they're only allowed to wear those colors. Makeup is usually a little softer, a smoky effect that brings out the eyes with very pale skin vs. a traditional heavy eye. Dark lips or eye patterns such as swirls are also common. Their hair will typically be long, either straight or in soft waves, to look more elegant or dramatic, but it's never a guarantee. Every Goth is different.
Think Romantic Goth could be your thing?
- You love the darker aesthetics, like red wine, graveyards, bones, dead roses, gothic jewelry or architecture
- You love lacy and flowing or more formal types of clothing than chains and leather
- You love classical music, opera, music with a brooding or soft, passionate mood
- You love romance and mystery, drama in literature and movies
- You love sad romance stories
- You enjoy the night time, gardens, and prefer listening to music at home or with friends peacefully than rocking it out and going crazy at clubs or concerts
- You love soft makeup, smokey eyes, "cat's eye" eyeliner, or anything similar
These are just some of the things that could make Romantic Goth your thing. It's up to you to find out what you like and dislike, Remember, there are no rules as to what mold you have to fit in the Goth subculture. You could combine aspects from all different types and make it completely your own, or gravitate to one particular style that you really like. It's all up to you!
|Other Types of Goth|
|Punk ~ Rivithead ~ Metalhead ~ Deathrocker ~ Emo|